Dementia and Dysphagia

 I am currently working in skilled nursing with primarily a long term, aged
(85yo+) dementia population who are demonstrating declines in swallow
function which seem to be more cognitive than physiological in nature. I have
been focusing on diet modification and caregiver training. Does anyone have
any additional modalities of treatment that I could try?

My facility is also requesting my involvement with residents who are losing
weight but show no overt signs or symptoms of clinical dysphagia. Any
suggestions? What are others doing with regards to weight variance
management?

Sincerely,  Virginia Cooper, MS,CCC