[DYSPHAGIA] Oral hygiene

  • Subject: [DYSPHAGIA] Oral hygiene
  • From: huckabee@pobox.com (Sandy C. Huckabee)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:44:01 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BE4312.840D77A0

A few months back someone gave the suggestion of a Plak-Vac for oral =
care in the NPO patient.  It is a toothbrush that connects to a suction =
machine and is great for NPO patients, but might also be beneficial to =
other dysphagic patients.  After the post about the Plak Vac my facility =
ordered some and they have worked nicely.  The nurses also showed me a =
similar device they were sent by another company that is a Toothette =
that connects to the suction machine....they think the Plak-Vac is much =
better.  I'm sure the info of how to order this is in the archives....it =
was sometime in the summer.   Kim

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BE4312.840D77A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>A few months back someone gave the =
suggestion of=20
a Plak-Vac for oral care in the NPO patient.&nbsp; It is a toothbrush =
that=20
connects to a suction machine and is great for NPO patients, but might =
also be=20
beneficial to other dysphagic patients.&nbsp; After the post about the =
Plak Vac=20
my facility ordered some and they have worked nicely.&nbsp; The nurses =
also=20
showed me a similar device they were sent by another company that is a =
Toothette=20
that connects to the suction machine....they think the Plak-Vac is much=20
better.&nbsp; I'm sure the info of how to order this is in the =
archives....it=20
was sometime in the summer.&nbsp;&nbsp; Kim</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BE4312.840D77A0--