[DYSPHAGIA] a video with oral motor exercises on it?

--------------BA324D8F1767AE933BEFE7AC

There is a video that is probably about 10 years old now called "Oral
Aerobics."  It is very good.  Don't recall who put it out though.
Anyone else seen it?  It is done to music and I can't believe the young
lady who performs all the exercises didn't laugh during the filming, I
would have!!!!!!!!

Pam Seibert

David & Francesca Swift wrote:

>  I have an outpatient who has had a left and right CVA and has
> mild/mod oral pharyngeal dysphagia and dysarthria.  He was given oral
> motor exercises by the SLP who saw him at the SNF before me.  However,
> his daughter reports that he does not do them on his own but would if
> he had a video tape to do them along with, like you would an exercise
> video.  I looked in the catalogs and did not see anything like that. I
> thought with all the resourceful people out there that if there is
> such a thing, you would know. Thanks, Francesca Swift

--------------BA324D8F1767AE933BEFE7AC

There is a video that is probably about 10 years old now called "Oral Aerobics."&nbsp;
It is very good.&nbsp; Don't recall who put it out though.&nbsp; Anyone
else seen it?&nbsp; It is done to music and I can't believe the young lady
who performs all the exercises didn't laugh during the filming, I would
had a left and right CVA and has mild/mod oral pharyngeal dysphagia and
dysarthria.&nbsp; He was given oral motor exercises by the SLP who saw
him at the SNF before me.&nbsp; However, his daughter reports that he does
not do them on his own but would if he had a video tape to do them along
with, like you would an exercise video.&nbsp; I looked in the catalogs
and did not see anything like that.</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>I thought
with all the resourceful people out there that if there is such a thing,
Swift</font></blockquote>