[Dysphagia] re: Head and Neck Cancer

--part1_b8.2c98bbb5.2a9c4755_boundary

Have a general question regarding head and neck cancer treatment. At our
facility many of the ENTs do not refer our head and neck CA pts after various
resections. Of the ENTs who do refer, they feel that an MBSS or FEES is not
necessary.  Their belief is that most of the patients will aspirate and feel
that only a clinical dysphagia exam is enough to determine the compensatory
swallowing strategies. Some have also said that other facilities have
developed algorithims to determine whether or not an objective study is
needed.

I wanted to know what what other facilities are doing with these patients and
what other clinicians thoughts are regarding this.  All responses are
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

--part1_b8.2c98bbb5.2a9c4755_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Have a general question regarding head and neck cancer treatment. At our facility many of the ENTs do not refer our head and neck CA pts after various resections. Of the ENTs who do refer, they feel that an MBSS or FEES is not necessary.&nbsp; Their belief is that most of the patients will aspirate and feel that only a clinical dysphagia exam is enough to determine the compensatory swallowing strategies. Some have also said that other facilities have developed algorithims to determine whether or not an objective study is needed. <BR>
<BR>
I wanted to know what what other facilities are doing with these patients and what other clinicians thoughts are regarding this.&nbsp; All responses are appreciated.&nbsp; Thank you in advance.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_b8.2c98bbb5.2a9c4755_boundary--