[Dysphagia] Naturally Thickened Liquids

  • Subject: [Dysphagia] Naturally Thickened Liquids
  • From: chcky619 at bellsouth.net (Ralph and Patti)
  • Date: Tue Apr 13 21:04:17 2004

What happened to the incredibly common sense feeding and offering the average and everyday meal?  I am unsure that any modification of liquid vicosity achieves a functional outcome.  Since we know that consumption of water presents no harm and since we know that dehydration is the enemy of the geriatric population, why would we perpetrate harm?  Why would we seek ways to circumvent hydration?  Why are we not the advocates for improving the integrity of our geriatric nutrition?  What are we doing as a profession?  Patti