[Dysphagia] Bedside Swallow Evals and Tracheostomy patients

  • Subject: [Dysphagia] Bedside Swallow Evals and Tracheostomy patients
  • From: EDolinger at Christianacare.org (Dolinger, Eric)
  • Date: Tue Oct 10 11:02:08 2006

I would say most of our trached patients get a swallow evaluation at some
point.  In our case the bedside evaluation is usually quite limited as we
have FEES available.  We don't always get consulted for the OSA patients
with new tracheostomy tubes - and they often don't have any problems anyway

Eric Dolinger, MA CCC-SLP
Senior Speech Pathologist
Christiana Care Health System
Phone 302-733-1015