(901) 745-7633
Cell (901) 336-9078
Fax: (901) 745-7468
Marie.Isbell at state.tn.us

This e-mail may contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or the information contained in it or attached to it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify the person named above by reply mail.  Thank you.

>>> "Lonna.Schmidt" <lschmidt at jamestownhospital.com> Monday, March 16, 2009 1:45 PM >>>
Speaking of rumination, where I work, there are several group homes where adult DD clients live.  They have been using peanut butter immediately after a meal to reduce this.  Some individuals also have had their liquids restricted during meals.  I was not here when these decisions were made.  Of course no one at the group homes is aware of why this is done only that "it has been done for years".  The decision to put these individuals on these plans is not documented.  Most of the people on these plans are over 50 years old.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Lonna J. Schmidt MST-CCC-SLP
Speech Pathologist
Jamestown Hospital
Jamestown ND

Dysphagia mail list: Normal and disordered swallowing information
Dysphagia at dysphagia.com